The Japanese government has recently started an exciting and unique tax incentive scheme for taxpayers living in Japan, where you can claim gifts and rewards by redirecting a portion of the tax that you already pay to a city, prefecture or cause you want to support.
Whether it’s supporting a rural town, or an area in need of support due to an environmental disaster, by taking part, you’re not only helping regions in Japan deprived of tax income, and being exempted from a portion of your income and resident taxes, but you can also enjoy gifts ranging from wagyu beef to authentic Japanese experiences, or specialities from the region you choose to support.
So if you live and work in Japan, check out the Furumaru website below, and find out how to take part and get your gift!
To help spread awareness of this innovative new reward system, we’re offering you the chance to win a brand new Canon 5D Mark IV & a 24-105mm f4L lens (worth over 4000 USD).
To take part, follow the simple steps below!
Step 1: Purchase a product on the Furumaru site (linked below) and get a full refund by following the simple steps in the What is Furusato Nozei page.
Step 2: Head over to our Facebook page and share the pinned campaign post, writing a caption telling us why you chose your awesome product and use the hashtag #furumaru.
(Please ensure the post is "public" to be in with a chance to win)
Winners will be notified by email in February 2018. On the email questionnaire, specify your shipping address, etc. to have your gift shipped to you.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Redhorse Global
2. The competition is open to residents of Japan, 18 years or over except employees of Redhorse or anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and but a purchase through en.furumaru.jp is necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via [http://en.furumaru.jp]
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be [31st January 2018]. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:Step 1: Start your hometown tax return on en.furumaru.jp by purchasing a product of your choice and apply for the tax refund by following the easy to understand steps on our “how to furumaru” pageStep 2: Share this post on your Facebook and make sure the post is “public”Step 3: Write a comment telling us which product you chose and why, add the hashtag #furumaru in your comment.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winner/s will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
14. The winner(s) will be notified by email and/or DM on Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [Japanese] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [Japan].
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [Japanese] data protection legislation.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Redhorse and not to any other party.